From the biggest to the smallest
From our property you will have all the time to visit most of the very numerous Châteaux of the Loire valley.
The biggest are opened all year long:
- Very close from our home, between 18 and 25 km:
AMBOISE: nice little city at the edge of the Loire. You will visit the Château Royal, rich in historic facts , the manor house of the CLOS LUCE, last home of Leonardo da Vinci and Château Gaillard, recently open for visit ( during spring and summer).
CHAUMONT SUR LOIRE: the castle overhanging the Loire and the festival of gardens, internationally known.
CHEVERNY: the castle which inspired Hergé to draw the castle of Moulinsart (exhibition on Tintin).
CHENONCEAU: the most visited of the Châteaux of the Loire valley (second in France after Versailles), magnificent « castle of the ladies ».
The royal city of BLOIS and its Château, rich in history also. We will propose you an attractive circuit in the city around the castle to discover its medieval and Renaissance districts.
- The Château of CHAMBORD, architectural marvel of the Renaissance, right in the heart of Sologne is a must (35 km).
- We will be eager to incite you to visit also our « very favorites »:
The château of BEAUREGARD famous for its » gallery of the distinguished »
The citadel of LOCHES with its royal lodging house and its medieval donjon. On your way you can discover the château of MONTPOUPON and its hunting museum; to achieve the loop you can continue toward MONTRÉSOR with its château, its collegiate church and an attractive circuit along the Indrois river.
- In high season we will recommend less known but very interesting castles close from our home:
Fougères-sur-Bièvre, seigneurial house of the end of Gothic period, Gué-Péan, Troussay, the smallest château de la Loire, Villesavin called the « hut of construction work of Chambord « , Château du Moulin near Romorantin and Chémery.
- Slightly further but very accessible in one day you will have the possibility of visiting :
Valençay, the château of Talleyrand, Villandry and his magnificent gardens or Azay-le-Rideau, a jewel of the Renaissance. It will be the opportunity to pass by the beautiful roads of the valleys of the Cher river or the Indre river.
- Without forgetting 10 km from our home, Montrichard and its medieval donjon. On your way you can discover the abbey of Pontlevoy, place of a festival of classical music in summer.