Walking, on a bicycle, on the water or from above
You want to take advantage of your holidays for a stay close to the nature or a different discovery of the landscapes of our region.
To help you we shall propose you:
- Hikes in Loir-et-Cher or in Indre-et-Loire (GR 41, GR 3, GP of the countries of castles).
Whether it is for half a day or a whole day we shall advise you according to your desires because we have a wide documentation (maps of the hikes, IGN (National Geographic Institute map) and we practice the same.
- A tour on the water:
Leave for 1 hour or more to the discovery of the flora and the fauna on a “toue”, a traditional boat on the Loire with the association “Millière Raboton”. Or follow Blois on a futreau, more information with the tourist office of Blois. You can also pass under the castle of Chenonceau aboard “Bélandre”.
- A flight to see all this from above:
Several sites of flight of hot-air balloons. For example AÉROCOM proposes a flying over the Loire river or above the castle of Chenonceau. “Loisirs Loire Valley” propose flights in ULM (ultra-light machine) above castles: all the photos “seen from above” of this site were made by Rémi during a flight of one hour and a half.
You can make a flight in helicopter also that allows to see a largest number of castles in a short time (and by almost any weather!: airport of Dierre ” héliberté ” or ” Air Touraine”
- Leisure activities and sports for all, big and small, that you could practise during your stay:
· Circuits in bikes: Besides the Loire on a bicycle, other circuits between castles exist and are accessible quickly.
· Golf to CHEVERNY (18 km): 02 54 79 24 70
· Equitation in the Castle of Gué Péan (6 km): 41400, Monthou sur Cher, 02 54 71 10 71
· Park of leisure, nature and adventure: “Family Parc”, 37270 Saint-Martin-le-Beau – 02 47 27 81 82· aquatic Complex all year long in front of MONTRICHARD, to FAVEROLLES on the Cher river opened all year long. Phone: 02 54 71 74 75
· Beach in summer in Montrichard, information with the tourist information office: 02 54 32 05 10
· Water-sports club of Montrichard for a descent towards CHENONCEAU in canoe or in kayak 33 02 54 71 49
· The fishing. There are ponds in Sologne but we also have fishes in our 2 small ponds if you want to have fun. They does not require licence and we have (rudimentary) fishing rods to lend you.
· The hunting: on the other hand we cannot give you advice on this matter because we are not hunters